Bristol Child Contact Centre has been running successfully for well over 25 years. For several years we have received a grant of £3000 per annum from the Child and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS). However, it costs us over £10,000 each year to provide the service, and the difference between these sums has to be fundraised.
We are now (from Feb 2015) registered for Gift Aid, which means that donations from taxpaying individuals can be worth 25% more to us.
Many people have helped in the following ways:
- Several local choirs and music groups holding concerts
- Westbury Scottish Club nominating bccc as their charity for 2011-12
- Individuals taking part in sponsored activities, including running and skydiving!
- Donating the collection after the funeral service of a former volunteer
- A team leader donating money given instead of birthday gifts
- We are most grateful to acknowledge the very generous bequest from the estate of our founder, the late Evelyn Bentley
- Our local Henleaze Christmas Festival very kindly supported us in December 2014.
- Bristol Concert Orchestra, The Harlequin Singers, and Cotham Parish Church have recently raised funds for us
- The Bristol Good Afternoon Choir and The Highly Strung Band have given a concert to support our funds
- The Avon and Somerset Constabulary Male Voice Choir gave a concert in Feb 2018 to raise funds for us
We are proud of how cost-effective Bristol Child Contact Centre is, but without these fund raising efforts, Bristol Child Contact Centre could not continue.
If you would like to undertake some fund raising for us, please contact us to discuss your ideas. Our contact page is located here
Bristol Child Contact Centre gratefully acknowledges recent donations from:
Garfield Weston Foundation
Bristol Resolution (formerly Bristol Family Solicitors Law Association)
Bristol Family Mediators Association
Trinity-Henleaze United Reformed Church support us with many collections
Society of Recorder Players Bristol branch
Bristol’s Quartet Community Foundation
The Henleaze Society
Westbury Scottish Club
The Estate of the late Evelyn Bentley
Henleaze Christmas Festival
The Harlequin Singers
Cotham Parish Church
Return to: Home